Friday, July 27, 2012

Our First Anniversary and some good news.

Tuesday was our first anniversary. It was hard to believe that we have already been married one year. He was looking forward to eating our cake and I was looking forward to gaining freezer space back. He took it out, unwrapped the many layers, and this is what we saw.
It still looked pretty good. We both grabbed forks and dug in and it tasted WONDERFUL. It was made by a friend of my aunt named Kathy and I must say she did awesome work. Later that night we traveled up to Mount Charleston, a short 30 minute drive from Las Vegas. We were able to book a room, 2 dinners, and 2 breakfasts for $99.00. It was nice to get away from the heat since it was 25 degrees cooler up there. My sneaky husband also added this little treat.
I devoured the strawberries, even though I am not supposed to eat them anymore. The champagne was good too, we only drank half and brought the rest home.

Now for the best part of the anniversary, my husband was rehired. He will be back at the same school he was at last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment