Thursday, June 14, 2012

Laid Off

So we found out for sure today that my husband was laid off. Our school district has issues budgeting their money. They wanted to take back raises from teachers or they threatened to issue pink slips. People got to keep their raises, my husband is out a job. I am not upset at those that needed to keep their raises, because I am one of them. They wanted to take it back in one lump sum, which would mean at least 1 full paycheck gone, if not two. So as of right now, we are looking at making our money last. Looks like the cross country vacation will be canceled. He is so bummed, I wish I could cheer him up. Any ideas for cheering up a man who was just laid off?

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry for your husband.

    Maybe bake him a cake or something? Or get him a treat that he likes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. He is taking it pretty well.

    ReplyDelete